Call For Entries: 2nd Annual Central City Plein Air Festival Exhibition & Sale
Submission Deadline : Sunday, March 31st, 2019
- Plein Air Event: Friday, September 27 – Sunday, September, 29
- Exhibition & Sale : Sunday, Setpember 29th
- Details for artists: https://centralcityopera.org/event/2019-central-city-plein-air-festival
Central City Opera, in partnership with the Gilpin County Arts Association, seeks 20 artists to participate in the 2019 Central City Plein Air Festival, September 27- September 29. Up to 20 artists will be selected to paint the fall landscapes and historic architecture of this Colorado mountain town. The festival culminates in an Exhibition, Sale, and Awards Reception on Sunday, September 29th in which the paintings created throughout the weekend will be on display and available for purchase in the Gilpin County Art Association’s Washington Hall Gallery. Awards reception, featuring $3,700 in cash awards, will be judged by Bruce Gomez. Eligibility
All artwork must be completed within a 2-mile radius of the Central City Opera House area between September 27th and September 29th, 2019. Selected artists are asked to paint a minimum of three (3) original paintings for prize judging at the Exhibition and Sale on Sunday, September 29, 2019. Only canvases with the stamped insignia will be eligible for submission.
Artists are selected through a blind juried process consisting of one juror: Bruce Gomez. The judge will review all submitted applications and select up to 20 artists to participate in the 2019 event.
- Entries must be submitted electronically, along with a non-refundable application fee of $40
- Required application information includes 3-5 plein air artwork images and an artist bio/statement
- Apply to http://www.juriedartservices.com/index.php?content=event_info&event_id=1511