Scratched and Corroded
June 12 - 20, 2020
- Limited Open Hours and Social Distancing Rules: Limit to 5 visitors at a time to follow social distancing rules
- No entry allowed without a face covering
- You may reserve a time in advance during the hours below for private viewing
- Friday June 12th: 6 - 8 pm
- Saturday June 13th: 10 am to 6 pm
- Saturday June 20th: 10 am to 6 pm (last day to see this show, and last day to see Processus in its current form and location before we move and re-focus)
Intaglio print by Grant R. Williams
Processus is delighted to finally present Scratched and Corroded, a group show of prints made on an etching press using intaglio processes including etching, drypoint and natural corrosion. Artists include Grant R. Williams, Tonia Bonnell, Gail Boyd, Zachary Carlisle Davidson and Viviane Le Courtois.
The exhibition focuses on the actions of scratching surfaces to leave marks, creating art around previously made scratches or corroding zinc and copper plates with acid or with natural ingredients to create chance patterns and textures. Some of the works are made by chance and process, while others contain poetic, environment or political content.
Due to Covid 19, this show has been postponed since March and our business has been closed to the public since. The exhibition will only be open for the times above until June 20th at Processus, located at 955 24th St., Denver CO 80205.
After our move at the end of June, Processus will continue to offer custom framing and wood fabrication services for artists as well as photography, curatorial, digital printing and art handling services. We will also continue to work with diverse professional artists. We will refocus our studio practices as individual artists so that we can continue inspire others. We are always open to new ideas and opportunities as well as international exchanges, as we prepare for the next stage of our adventures blending art and life. More soon...
955 24th St.
Denver, CO 80205
Tue-Sat: 10am-6pm, or by appointment